Saturday, May 12, 2012

Just Thinking…Lessons Learned


Photo Credit Heartlight
Reflecting on some of the lessons the Lord has impressed upon me this week.

I can’t fight another’s spiritual battle.  I can pray for them, offer an encouraging word, share truth from God’s word, but in the end, they have to put on God’s provision of spiritual armor, submit themselves unto the Lord, resist the devil so the he will flee.

Lately when I find myself irritated, annoyed, angry or frustrated with people and I’m talking to the Lord about the person or situation, the Lords asks me, “Susan, have you prayed for them?”  Ah…well no Lord not yet. 

When I go before the throne of grace in prayer I find that my focus shifts to God, who He is and what He can do rather than troubling situations and people.  My anxiety is quelled and my emotions are not controlling my mind.  I’m reminded that God is at work, even when I can’t see it. 

When my days are very busy and demanding and it’s easy for me to get stressed and overwhelmed.  After a challenging day this week, I felt the Lord direct me to put on some worship and praise music during the day, so I can keep my heart and mind focused on Him.  He also challenged me to praise Him when I’m feeling like waves are crashing over me and I’m ready to go under.

It makes a difference in my day when I was focused on the Lord and am looking for ways to praise Him.  I’m still learning to not take the bait of the enemy and find that the response of prayer and praise is coming quicker.  I want to get to the place where it comes naturally.

3 comments:

Wanda said...

Insightful lessons Susan. I like the idea of reflecting back over the week to see just what God has been teaching me.

susanwalkergirl said...

Dear Wanda,

May we incline our ear to the Lord each day and remember what He is teaching us.

Many blessings to you this Mother's Day.

Susan

Anonymous said...

"You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." Jer 29:13. I often have to recall this verse when life becomes demanding, overwhelming, or challenging. It's the reminder I need to keep my focus, and ALL of my heart, on Him, and to remember that "God is at work, even when I can’t see it." Loved this post today Susan. God bless!

Sandcastle Inn by Irene Hannon – Scenic Beachside Town and Likeable Characters

  Sandcastle Inn is Irene Hannon’s tenth novel in the Hope Harbor series .   It was lovely to return to this beautiful, scenic, and welcom...