Monday, February 16, 2015

Downton Abbey…What’s up?



One of my guilty pleasures is watching Downton Abbey.  Last night I was having trouble staying focused because of some glaring changes I noticed in series 5, episode 7.

So what’s up? 

Well...it sure seems like they were not filming that episode at Highclere Castle.  My guess it was filmed on a set, not on site.  The rooms were much smaller and not as grand. 

Also…did anyone else notice a difference in the quality of the sound and picture.  It seems like they went from film to video.

From the beginning Downton Abbey has been grand and beautiful.  Last night…I found the changes, whatever they are, very distracting.  Things weren’t looking so grand.  What makes it more distracting is the change was in the middle of series 5, not at the beginning of the season.

I’ve done a Google search, but not seen anything mentioned about changes.  If you have any insights…please let me know.

No comments:

The Berlin Letters by Katherine Reay – Fascinating, Compelling, Filled with Intrigue

  When I read the description about Katherine Reay’s new book, The Berlin Letters , I wanted to read it.   So glad I had the opportunity.  ...