Friday, February 05, 2016

A Little Wrong




I know it may not be popular
Some might take offense
But can I just say
Perhaps I’ve gotten it a little wrong

We often see it passed along
A picture of a little girl
Straightening her crown, reminding herself
She is a daughter of the King

Something about the picture
And the sentiments expressed
Appeals to my nature and tendency
To make much of myself

Scripture tells me I am to humble myself
Under the mighty hand of God
I am to worship the Lord my God
Him only will I serve

Along with the other saints
I rejoice and give thanks to God my Father
Amazed that He has adopted me
Made me His own

Here and now
I don’t have a crown to wear
But a cross to carry
And orders follow Christ

One day if I run the race well
Empowered by the Holy Spirit
The Lord will graciously give me a crown
But it won’t remain on my head

Instead, I will fall before Christ
The King of Righteousness
The One who paid the price for my sin
Seated at the right hand of the Father

I will joyfully place my crown in the pile
Amidst many crowns from all the saints
As we bow down and worship the Lamb
We will cry Worthy is the Lamb


By Susan Wachtel
February 5, 2016

Praise God, by His mercy and grace He has made me one His own.  May I spend the rest of my life glorifying, honoring and singing the praises of Christ Jesus my Lord.

2 comments:

Denise said...

beautiful

susanwalkergirl said...

Hello Denise,

Thank you for stopping by. So looking forward to that day when we gather before Christ's throne!

Lord bless...Susan

Fatal Witness by Patricia Bradley – Interesting Plot, But the Story Got Bogged Down

  I enjoy suspense and mystery novels and was excited to read Patricia Bradley’s newest book Fatal Witness , the second book in the Pearl R...