Friday, January 12, 2018

A Severe Mercy


When adversity tempts me ask why
Lord, may I instead ask what
What work are You doing in and through these trials

Hard circumstances and difficulties abound
The Lord has allowed, designed and purposed each one
He is using them to accomplish His good work

You help me to see my weakness
Profound needs that only God can meet
I recognize the foolishness in what I once thought was wise

You’ve exposed lies so cleverly disguised as truth
Revealed the brokenness of my heart, mind and soul
The utter depravity of my heart and desperate need for a Savior

All these and more drive me to You, O Lord
The world may be out of my control
But it’s firmly in control in the hands the LORD God

Lord, help me to trust You
To trust Your character
Believe what You’ve revealed about Yourself in Scripture

May I not doubt You O Lord
For You alone are truth and grace
Righteous and just in administering a severe mercy


Susan Wachtel
January 12, 2018


No comments:

Sandcastle Inn by Irene Hannon – Scenic Beachside Town and Likeable Characters

  Sandcastle Inn is Irene Hannon’s tenth novel in the Hope Harbor series .   It was lovely to return to this beautiful, scenic, and welcom...