Friday, July 07, 2006
In Light of God’s Word
As my state of limbo continues…I’ve had my faith strengthened as I study God’s Word. I’ve started an online Bible Study from Beth Moore called “Believing God”.
When I closely examine myself…I see that yes indeed I believe in God. But where the rubber meets the road…I all too often stop short of believing God. Believing that He is who He says He is and that He can do what He says He can do.
Oh…I know I’m a sinner in need of a Savior. That Jesus sacrifice on the cross paid the penalty for my sins. But I’m not walking and living out that faith with absolute assurance that God is able to handle and bring me victoriously through my personal crisis and that He does indeed care for me.
With each dose of the Word of God…my faith grows…and I decided to get off the pity party band wagon, believe God and get on with the project that God has me working on…an ongoing devotional in the book of Daniel.
As I’ve been listening to Chuck Obremski’s sermon and taking notes…my faith continues to be strengthened by God’s Word. I’ll be finishing the devotional this weekend, Lord willing. But I just had to share some wonderful nuggets from the sermon, “What Is This World Coming To – Part I”:
1) Man’s extremity is God’s opportunity. When I get to the point in life where I realize there is nothing that I can do…this is so far out of my ability to handle it…so far out of my realm to control it. That it is beyond all the human resources I could gather together. I can’t do this! That extreme condition is God’s opportunity to get through to you and me.
2) Human wisdom is futile. Human wisdom is futile when it comes to a divine viewpoint. We need a divine viewpoint if we are going to be able to withstand the pressure in a crisis situation.
3) God always has a man for the crisis. The reason he used Daniel…is because Daniel was prepared. Daniel was prepared because he ingested the Word of God on a daily basis. He had constant fellowship with God. He knew where to turn for the answers. He continually had the Word of God before him…in his heart so he wouldn’t sin against God. God always has a person ready in a time of crisis. The question to ask yourself…is would you be that person that God can use in a time of crisis?
4) Great men are often the most frightened and miserable people that you will ever meet.
5) A crisis…any crisis…provides God people with maximum opportunities to be used to witness to a world that lives in fear. Any crisis will give you an opportunity to be used by God to testify of the greatness of God and that God is in control.
Little Bunny’s Own Storybook by Margaret Welwood & Illustrated by Nataly Vits – Will Spark Young Readers Creative Imagination
I was contacted by author Margaret Welwood inquiring if I would read her book for children, Little Bunny’s Own Storybook . I read a lo...
Do you ever need to remind yourself on who your God is? Praying this list by Priscilla Shirer will encourage and strengthen your hear...
God gave the bold command To cross the Jordan and take the land Not to worry about the giants they would face But when the spie...