Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Living Intentionally


This year I’ve become more aware of how our actions can impact others…both for good and bad. So much of what we do or say is unintentional…with nary a thought of how it will impact another person. But does that excuse it or make it better when we hurt someone accidentally?

Knowing how much my actions can impact someone…I need to choose to live my life more intentionally. To be more deliberate in my words and actions as I encounter and interact with people each day…friends, family and strangers too.

That may mean instead of getting in huff as the rattled cashier struggles with that register that just won’t cooperate…I now offer her a smile and a word of encouragement as she looks at the line that is growing exponentially. Or what about taking the time to listen to a frustrated friend…even when I think I don’t have the time or have no solution to offer? Instead I can offer a caring, listening ear and a prayer whispered in love. Or what about offering a warm smile to the person passing by who is carrying burdens that only God knows about. Not let them pass by as if they are invisible and don’t matter to another living soul. After all…they are a soul for whom Christ died.

I can’t begin to tell you the number of times…God has brought someone in my path, if only a brief moment….to offer a smile or words encouragement at some very low times in my life. That encounter at just the right time can make an impact far beyond that moment in time.

The question is…today will I choose to live intentionally? Will I choose to obey God? Will I choose to measure my words, actions and deeds according to God’s Word? “A new command I give unto you, love one another.”

No comments:

Sandcastle Inn by Irene Hannon – Scenic Beachside Town and Likeable Characters

  Sandcastle Inn is Irene Hannon’s tenth novel in the Hope Harbor series .   It was lovely to return to this beautiful, scenic, and welcom...