Thursday, October 23, 2008

Missing You


No one will ever know it
But memories of you
Fill my mind today


I find myself preoccupied
A little sadder…somewhat somber
Because my heart misses you


This year has been filled with many firsts
Shortly after your death
There was Mother’s Day…the first one without you


Today…we would have celebrated your 87th birthday
But instead…it is filled
With remembrances of you


There is no birthday card to write
To tell you that you are loved
No gift will be selected…to bring a smile to your face


When I was married just a few short weeks ago
I looked out at the congregation
If only I could have seen your face


Family and friends came alongside us
But none could take your place
You should have been there to celebrate the long awaited day


Oh dear one
Will I see you in heaven
Will we have an eternity to celebrate your birth



Susan Bunts
October 23, 2008

No comments:

The Berlin Letters by Katherine Reay – Fascinating, Compelling, Filled with Intrigue

  When I read the description about Katherine Reay’s new book, The Berlin Letters , I wanted to read it.   So glad I had the opportunity.  ...