Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Oh How I Love Jesus


Tonight at Bible study we sang the hymn “Oh How I Love Jesus.”  As we sang acapella my thoughts began to wander and I found myself thinking what will it be like when we are seated at the Marriage Supper of the Lamb?

Who will I sit next to?  Will it be family or friends that I knew all my life?  Or will it be a new friend that I will get to know in eternity?  Will we break out into songs of praise and worship with the people seated next to us, giving praise, honor and glory to the Lamb of God, the King of kings and Lord of lords. 

Oh How I Love Jesus
By Frederick Whitfield
  1. There is a Name I love to hear,
    I love to sing its worth;
    It sounds like music in my ear,
    The sweetest Name on earth.
    • Refrain:
      Oh, how I love Jesus,
      Oh, how I love Jesus,
      Oh, how I love Jesus,
      Because He first loved me!
  2. It tells me of a Savior’s love,
    Who died to set me free;
    It tells me of His precious blood,
    The sinner’s perfect plea.
  3. It tells me of a Father’s smile
    Beaming upon His child;
    It cheers me through this little while,
    Through desert, waste, and wild.
  4. It tells me what my Father hath
    In store for every day,
    And though I tread a darksome path,
    Yields sunshine all the way.
  5. It tells of One whose loving heart
    Can feel my deepest woe;
    Who in each sorrow bears a part
    That none can bear below.
  6. It bids my trembling heart rejoice;
    It dries each rising tear;
    It tells me, in a “still small voice,”
    To trust and never fear.
  7. Jesus, the Name I love so well,
    The Name I love to hear:
    No saint on earth its worth can tell,
    No heart conceive how dear.
  8. This Name shall shed its fragrance still
    Along this thorny road,
    Shall sweetly smooth the rugged hill
    That leads me up to God.
  9. And there with all the blood-bought throng,
    From sin and sorrow free,
    I’ll sing the new eternal song
    Of Jesus’ love for me.
   

3 comments:

Denise said...

Hi Susan,

I have always loved that song! :) I have often wondered the same thing; I dream of sitting next to my loving parents who I have missed so much~but most of all I am excited to be gathered together at His throne!

Blessings and hugs,
Denise

Wanda said...

Yes indeed I love Him!

Clint said...

I've always loved this song since I first heard it sung by Burl Ives about 50 years ago.

Fatal Witness by Patricia Bradley – Interesting Plot, But the Story Got Bogged Down

  I enjoy suspense and mystery novels and was excited to read Patricia Bradley’s newest book Fatal Witness , the second book in the Pearl R...