Wednesday, October 24, 2012

There Are Days



There are days…
I wish I could return
To the days of old
People and things I once loved

There are days…
Yet I know that can never be
Besides that, I couldn’t take with me
Knowledge, wisdom and experience I’ve gained

There are days…
But I wouldn’t want to trade
How the Lord has grown and changed me
Compared to who I used to be

Lord, Today is the day
I want to focus on You
Not on my problems or trials and tribulations
Help me to find joy in You today


By Susan Wachtel
October 24, 2012

2 comments:

Ken said...

Hi Susan,
Wonderful poem and wise words indeed. We keep pressing forward and looking up to the upward calling in Christ Jesus.
Blessings,
Ken

Wanda said...

I too have been trying to focus making the most of the day.

The Berlin Letters by Katherine Reay – Fascinating, Compelling, Filled with Intrigue

  When I read the description about Katherine Reay’s new book, The Berlin Letters , I wanted to read it.   So glad I had the opportunity.  ...