Monday, June 04, 2007

6/3/07 – At the End of the Day…The Sweet Spot

It’s hard to say…which is my favorite. Is it the worship music when we sing praises to our Savior? Or is it hearing the word of God taught uncompromisingly…and powerfully? Powerful…like a two edged sword, able to divide soul and spirit. Or is it the fellowship with this body of believers I’ve come to love so very much? The answer is yes…yes whole heartedly to all three. I can’t choose.

But I must confess…the thing that stays with me is when we as a congregation hit that sweet spot. When we’ve been singing songs of praise. Our voices blended together in sweet harmony…and suddenly the band stops playing their instruments. But their voices sing loud and clear as we the congregation join with them…unified in praise to our beloved Savior Christ Jesus.

That is the sweet spot…the thing I carry with me throughout the week. I may find myself humming the song…or even singing softly in unexpected places.

To me…this is a small reflection of what heaven will be like. In fellowship with beloved believers…part of the body of Christ…unified in love and praise for our Savior…our Alpha and Omega…King of kings and Lord of Lords…Christ Jesus our Lord.

Today’s sweet spot has left me singing “How great is our God, sing with me how great is our God. How great is our God…”

How Great is Our Lord
Lyrics by Christ Tomlin

The splendor of a King, clothed in majesty
Let all the earth rejoice
All the earth rejoice

He wraps himself in Light, and darkness tries to hide
And trembles at His voice
Trembles at His voice

How great is our God, sing with me
How great is our God, and all will see
How great, how great is our God

Age to age He stands
And time is in His hands
Beginning and the end

Beginning and the end
The Godhead Three in One
Father Spirit Son

The Lion and the Lamb
The Lion and the Lamb
Name above all names

Worthy of all praise
My heart will sing
How great is our God

How great is our God, sing with me
How great is our God, and all will see
How great, how great is our God


No comments:

The Berlin Letters by Katherine Reay – Fascinating, Compelling, Filled with Intrigue

  When I read the description about Katherine Reay’s new book, The Berlin Letters , I wanted to read it.   So glad I had the opportunity.  ...