Saturday, July 28, 2007

Where is Thy Sweet Savor?


Oh Christian…where is thy sweet savor,
Of a life…holy, consecrated, acceptable unto Me?

I have called you from darkness to light,
To live a life, holy devoted unto Me.

Set apart for good works,
That I ordained for you before the foundations of the world.

You have been called to be My ambassador,
Yet I see you entwined in the cares of this world.

Sin entangles you,
Rendering you no longer effective to a world lost in sin.

The sinner examines your life and concludes,
No different than I, so I must be a Christian too.

Thy words, thy deeds,
Do they reflect Me?

Satan will clamor and shout with glee,
He’ll utter hypocrite, liar and sinner too!

Do you hunger for the meat of My word,
Is it hidden within your heart?

Will you choose to be conformed by this world,
Or receive My promise…be ye transformed and renewed in Me?

Does your heart break…even ache,
For that which breaks My heart?

Will you run the race,
Strive towards the upward calling?

Finish strong…
I beckon you "Come…live a life of no regrets!"

By Susan Bunts
July 27, 2007

This poem is dedicated to my precious Lord and Savior Jesus Christ who called me from darkness to light and death unto life; and to my beloved former Pastor Chuck Obremski…who uncompromisingly taught us the Word of God so that our hearts and minds would be transformed and renewed in Christ Jesus.

No comments:

The Berlin Letters by Katherine Reay – Fascinating, Compelling, Filled with Intrigue

  When I read the description about Katherine Reay’s new book, The Berlin Letters , I wanted to read it.   So glad I had the opportunity.  ...