Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Broken Heart & Answered Prayer


Oh dear Lord, I pray,
Protect my heart,
May I not go down that wrong path again.


For my broken heart,
My soul,
Still bear the scars.


Wounds that once bled,
Now healed,
Through the touch of Your hand…filled with grace, mercy and love.


Like Sarah and Hannah of old,
I know,
The ache and longing of desire unfulfilled.


May I balance,
Stepping out in faith,
With pursuing Your perfect will.


May Your delay,
Not be a denial,
But instead the working out of each fine detail.


May my life, my story,
Be a testimony,
To Your unfailing love.


May those who have written me off,
Said never will it be,
Be silenced…as they see You are God who still answers prayer.


Susan Bunts
October 9, 2007

No comments:

The Berlin Letters by Katherine Reay – Fascinating, Compelling, Filled with Intrigue

  When I read the description about Katherine Reay’s new book, The Berlin Letters , I wanted to read it.   So glad I had the opportunity.  ...