Friday, July 25, 2008

Transforming Power



In my weakness

I want to turn around and walk away

But by the power of the Holy Spirit

I will return to the lion’s den this day



In my flesh

I want to strike back

But under the control of the Holy Spirit

I will choose to turn the other cheek



In my sin nature

I want to tell others of the offense against me

By the transforming power of Christ within

I will instead offer a prayer for the offender



In my humanity

Tears flow as I’m surrounded by quite

From the Word planted in my heart

I’m reminded that God will wipe every tear from my eyes



In my solitude

I attempt to wrestle against the spiritual forces of darkness

When I remember I am part of the body of Christ

I reach out and ask for my day to be covered in prayer



In my self confidence

I fail to prepare for spiritual warfare

In His wisdom, power and strength

I put on the full armor of God so I can stand against the devil’s schemes



By Susan Bunts

July 25, 2008




No comments:

The Berlin Letters by Katherine Reay – Fascinating, Compelling, Filled with Intrigue

  When I read the description about Katherine Reay’s new book, The Berlin Letters , I wanted to read it.   So glad I had the opportunity.  ...