Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Before the Throne

As we are nearing the end of our study in the book of Revelation, we are learning about the New Jerusalem.

I’m not sure I can fully imagine what it will be like to stand before the throne of God with a multitude of believers and the heavenly hosts worshiping the Lamb of God and God the Father.  To finally see my Savior face to face…the One who bore my sins so that I would be forgiven and clothed in His righteousness.  What will it be like?

Then my thoughts turned to forgiveness.  How many people have I held a grudge towards?  What about my friend who hasn’t forgiven me?  If they are believers…we will one day stand before the throne of God together.  At that time the things of this earth will have long since have been forgotten and forgiven.  In heaven I won’t even remember the hurts and offenses that I choose to hold on to this side of heaven. 

In light of heaven, in light of the forgiveness of Christ for my sin…how can I not run to the throne of grace and freely abundantly forgive?

2 comments:

Ken said...

I have thought many times what it will be like when we stand before Him. What an awesome experience it will be. But also it will mean we will no longer be able to tell someone we love them or tell an unsaved person about Jesus.

May God bless you,
Ken

susanwalkergirl said...

Amen Ken! I too have thought of that. Only this side of heaven will be we able to share the gospel message with an unbeliever. That thought should encourage us to be bold and go about our Father's business.

Lord's blessings to you Ken!

Sandcastle Inn by Irene Hannon – Scenic Beachside Town and Likeable Characters

  Sandcastle Inn is Irene Hannon’s tenth novel in the Hope Harbor series .   It was lovely to return to this beautiful, scenic, and welcom...