He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. - Colossians 1:15-16

Saturday, March 01, 2014

Five Minute Friday – Choose This Day




Time for examination
Looking at where I invest
My time, talents and treasure

Is what I’m investing in
That which has eternal consequences
Or that which is perishing and will not last

Is what I say I believe
Being lived out in my daily life
Or is something askew

I fear my life is out of balance
That which is most important
Has been set aside or put on the back burner

Lord guide me as I choose
To put You first
Make priority that which most important to You

May I fear You
Not what fellow man may say
For I will give an account You alone


By Susan Wachtel
March 1, 2014

It’s another Saturday morn and I wanted to participate in Lisa-Jo Baker’s Five Minute Friday writing challenge.  Head over to her website “Lisa Jo Baker Surprised by Motherhood”.  Be sure to read some of the entries from other writers.  I can promise you that you will be blessed challenged and convicted.

3 comments:

Wanda said...

Hi Susan I can identify all too well with this. Getting things back in balance is my aim. Hope you are doing well.

Denise said...

Wonderful writing.

Ceil said...

Hi Susan! What a beautiful prayer. I often feel out of balance myself. I think that's the human condition.

I read a great prayer, and it basically asks for what you are asking too. "Make my way straight. Bless the work of my hands." Kind of a short Moses prayer. But it really speaks to me, and I think to you too.

Have a blessed weekend!
Ceil