Wednesday, April 02, 2014

A New Chapter




I have now officially begun a new chapter in my life…that of homemaker.  To be honest with you, I’m not even sure what that will look like as I ease into this role. 

Yesterday was my first day at home.  It’s a different pace than my work-a-day world, but at first I have much I need to accomplish.  A good and thorough cleaning of our home is top on the list.

Four months ago when I had left my job of 29 years, I brought home boxes of things I had at work including pictures and decorations, cards and notes that I had saved.  Where I left them is where they remained until yesterday when I finally had the time to go through the boxes and decide what to keep or get rid of.

As I read the cards and notes, they brought back a lot of memories, some good and some painful. 

It got me to thinking, how much do I do that emotionally and mentally.  How often do I hold on to thoughts and feelings from the past and not let them go?  In doing that, don’t I have less room for the present and what’s going on in my life today?  Are my thoughts and feelings colored by what I’ve held on to from the past?  Do I fail to see people and circumstances through fresh eyes?  Is my holding on to things and memories, in part, not fully trusting God?

Perhaps with some peace and quiet in my days, I will be learning a lot.  May I have the ears to hear what the Lord Jesus is teaching me through His Word and prayer and the Holy Spirit within me.  May I commit each day to the Lord and be about my Father’s business. 


3 comments:

Ceil said...

Hi Susan! First of all, congratulations on your new stage of life. That's exciting!

I pray that you'll have some time to relax, and allow the Lord in to help you clear out all the 'clutter' in your mind. Then you will really enjoy your new circumstances!
Blessings :)
Ceil

Denise said...

Praying for you as you take this new journey.

Wanda said...

Susan, congrats to you on making a transitioning into a new phase in life. Your thoughts remind of me of the book I have been reading lately called Packing Light.

Sandcastle Inn by Irene Hannon – Scenic Beachside Town and Likeable Characters

  Sandcastle Inn is Irene Hannon’s tenth novel in the Hope Harbor series .   It was lovely to return to this beautiful, scenic, and welcom...