Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Moving Forward While Looking Back



It’s hard to move forward when I’m clinging to the past.  It’s hard to look the future with hope when I’m focused on what’s behind me.  It’s hard to be present, in the present, and respond rightly when I’m still wrestling with demons I refuse to let go of.  It’s hard to trust God when all I’m thinking about is what went wrong, what was lost or what’s missing.

Surely, I wouldn’t try to drive my car forward while I was focused on what was behind me.  Why would I try to live my life like that?

May I lay it all down at the foot of the cross.  May the Jesus Christ show me how to forgive and be free. 

So if the Son makes you free, you will be free indeed.  – John 8:36 NASB


No comments:

Sandcastle Inn by Irene Hannon – Scenic Beachside Town and Likeable Characters

  Sandcastle Inn is Irene Hannon’s tenth novel in the Hope Harbor series .   It was lovely to return to this beautiful, scenic, and welcom...