Saturday, August 25, 2018

Five Minute Friday – God is Loyal



I’m participating in this week’s Five Minute Friday writing challenge.  If you like to write or need some inspiration and encouragement be sure to check it out. 

Today word prompt:  Loyal.

When I think of loyalty, its something that we all desire in relationships.  We want our spouse, family and friends to be loyal to us.

Some examples from the Bible that come to mind…Ruth and Naomi.  Ruth remained devoted and loyal to her mother-in-law during a time when Naomi wasn’t too pleasant.  She was grieving the loss of her husband and two sons while in a far-away pagan land.  Ruth is a reminder to me that we are to be loyal through good times and bad.

How about Joseph in the Old Testament?  Now that is someone who by God’s supernatural grace remains loyal to his family, including his brothers, despite the fact they hated him out jealousy and wanted him dead.  Because of his relationship with God, he saw God’s hand in all his circumstances and knew God was doing a good work in and through him.  He was able to trust God and return good for the evil done to him. 

Jonathan and David…both were loyal to each other and their respective families.  Jonathan loved his friend and knew that David was God’s chosen anointed man to be the next king.  He even risked his own life and his father’s wrath to warn David so he could get to safety.  David showed his loyalty to Jonathan and later to his son Mephibosheth.

Times Up

I have to ask myself, am I a loyal person, both the God and people?  If I’m honest, I recognize fall woefully short!  My hope is in God, not me and what I can do. 

As believers in Jesus Christ we can know the absolutely loyalty of God.  When we have genuinely repented of our sin and confess that Jesus Christ is Lord and Savior…then we are saved.  He paid our sin debt in full on the cross and clothed us with His righteousness.  In Christ we are eternally secure.

How wonderful it is to meditate on what God has done for us when we have been saved by God’s grace through faith in Jesus Christ.

For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. – Romans 8:38-39


No comments:

The Berlin Letters by Katherine Reay – Fascinating, Compelling, Filled with Intrigue

  When I read the description about Katherine Reay’s new book, The Berlin Letters , I wanted to read it.   So glad I had the opportunity.  ...