Thursday, November 03, 2022

Body of Evidence by Irene Hannon- Likable Characters, Interesting Storyline

Body of Evidence by Irene Hannon is the third book in the Triple Threat series.  If you like mysteries and intrigue, give this book a read.

 

Grace Riley is a forensic pathologist in rural Missouri.  Not the kind of place where you anticipate stumbling across a lot of murders.  Though the evidence seems to indicate Mavis died of natural causes, something about this case doesn’t sit right with Grace.  It’s Friday night, Grace is alone and conducting an autopsy in the mortuary when she hears a noise.  She investigates, but it isn’t until she goes outside that she finds the source of the noise and dials 911.  The new local sheriff, Nate Cox, is on duty and responds to the call.  These two working together will not be deterred until they get to the bottom of it.

 

I really enjoyed Body of Evidence, and from page one, I was hooked.  The main characters, Grace and Nate, were likeable and had interesting careers.  I liked learning about the job of a forensic pathologist, and very different in a rural setting as opposed to a big city.  I enjoyed their friendship and developing romance.  I also liked Grace’s relationship with her sisters. Eve and Cate.  They were caring and supportive.  The townspeople were intriguing, and I found myself examining them through the lens of a  perspective of a suspect.

 

I appreciated that this a clean novel.  Faith is talked about a little bit in the novel.  I would have liked to have had that element further developed with the main characters.  I did figure out who the bad guy was and wanted to learn about their motives and why they did their dastardly deeds.  Very much liked Grace and Nate, there were upright in character, determined to find the truth and fight for justice. 

 

If you like suspense and intrigue, if you like books that involve law enforcement and medical mysteries, I recommend Body of Evidence by Irene Hannon. 

 

I would like to thank Revell Publishing and NetGalley for the opportunity to read a complimentary copy Body of Evidence by Irene Hannon.  I was under no obligation to give a favorable review. 

 

No comments:

The Berlin Letters by Katherine Reay – Fascinating, Compelling, Filled with Intrigue

  When I read the description about Katherine Reay’s new book, The Berlin Letters , I wanted to read it.   So glad I had the opportunity.  ...