Sunday, May 28, 2006

Vintage Reminder






For some time now…I’ve wanted to purchase a Psalm 23 Bracelet. Don’t remember where I first saw one…but it stuck in my head.

Now when facing a personal crisis…I need the reminder of God’s word and His care for me more than ever. An internet search showed a couple of possibilities for this bracelet…but they didn’t seem quite right.

Instead I reached out to someone from Kindred Community Church. Gloria Bass…who among other things designs jewelry. I’ve regularly admired her jewelry…only to learn that it was something that she had designed and made herself. Sometimes…even that very same morning.

So as my need to desperately depend on God increased exponentially I reached out to Gloria and asked if she had or could create for me a “Psalm 23 Bracelet”. Shortly I received an e-mail back from Gloria saying that she’d had requests in the past…but had not yet made one up. That she would get right on it and let me know what she had come up with. A day later…Gloria e-mailed me a picture of her newly designed bracelet. It was perfect…just what I needed to help encourage and build up my faith.

Today at church…I was most excited to pick up my new bracelet. Created in love…and designed per my request. What a lovely piece it is. One of the things that makes Gloria’s work even more special is that she uses vintage beads as part of her design.

Yes…I could have purchased a bracelet on the internet…but it would have paled in comparison to the treasure that now graces my wrist.


I am most gratefully to Gloria for taking on the challenge to create this for me…and being so quick in designing it and responding to my request. It’s is positively lovely. Thank you Gloria!

Now if you would like to order a handmade Psalm 23 Bracelet…please reach out to Gloria Bass. You can do so via her website site at Vintage Glo
(
http://vintageglo.com/).

If you have a love for vintage jewelry…look no further. Gloria at Vintage Glo…will make you a piece that will soon become a favorite treasure.

3 comments:

Carol said...

Bracelets are biblical! (See Ezekiel 16:11 as one example.)

susanwalkergirl said...

Ezekiel 16:11

"I adorned you with ornaments, put (A)bracelets on your hands and a (B)necklace around your neck. NASV

Thanks Carol for sharing that verse. Lord Bless!

Anonymous said...

I have never heard of a Psalm 23 bracelet before. It's very pretty. Can you tell me what makes it a Psalm 23 bracelet? I love the name Vintage Glo, so cool.

Thanks for visiting my site and for your really sweet e-mial Susan! It is so cool to meet new people and to know when someone feels a connection to you when they read what you've written! You blessed me by letting me know!

I love, love, love Debra's blog too! We have that in common! Have a blessed weekend!

Sandcastle Inn by Irene Hannon – Scenic Beachside Town and Likeable Characters

  Sandcastle Inn is Irene Hannon’s tenth novel in the Hope Harbor series .   It was lovely to return to this beautiful, scenic, and welcom...