Saturday, December 09, 2006

My Emmanuel…God with me


When uncertainties abound,
He was my steady Rock.

When friends were scarce,
He never left me, nor forsook me.

When my faith failed me,
He remained ever faithful.

When anxiety was my lot,
He invited me to cast my cares upon Him.

When my soul was inconsolable,
He comforted me.

When joy eluded me,
He arranged an appointment with joy.

When the phone did not ring,
He remained a friend…who sticks much closer than a brother.

When the road ahead was dark,
He was the light unto my path.

When understanding was absent,
He provided clarity and insight through His word.

When disappointment swamped my soul,
He was my bright and shinning hope.

When tears were shed in solitude,
His nail pierced hands wiped my eyes.

When fear gripped my heart,
He was my courage to forge ahead.

When my prayers failed me,
He interceded for me at the right hand of the Father.

When this little lamb strayed into the thicket of doubt and unbelief,
The Good Shepherd rescued me from the ravenous wolf.

When ready to live a settled for life,
He challenged me to come up higher.

When I stood firm and waited,
I saw the deliverance of my Lord…Emmanuel.

by Susan Bunts - 12/7/06

Many folks compose a letter each year to be enclosed with their Christmas cards. I wouldn’t even know where to begin with this tumultuous, roller coaster of a year. Even if I attempted to put pen to paper…goodness only knows the words…would soon be a novel, not a mere letter.


That being said…when all else failed me…Jesus Christ my Emmanuel remained with me each day, each step of the way. May this poem be my praise and thanksgiving to my faithful, loving Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I also want to say thank you to those of you who prayed for me during this difficult and challenging year. Lord bless!

No comments:

The Berlin Letters by Katherine Reay – Fascinating, Compelling, Filled with Intrigue

  When I read the description about Katherine Reay’s new book, The Berlin Letters , I wanted to read it.   So glad I had the opportunity.  ...