Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The Measuring Rod


Do my words inflict wounds

On a weary burdened soul


Do my demands, my needs

Add to someone’s heavy load


Do I freely offer my opinion

But withhold a helping hand


Does my tongue tear people down

Fail to build them up


Does my speech contain truth

But lack love


Do I proclaim Christ

But fail to possess the love of the Lord


Do I know the truth of the Gospel

But refuse to let it change my heart


Am I quick to judge

But slow to love


Do I disguise pride

As concern


Does my attitude drive people away

Instead of draw them close


If 1 Corinthians 13 were the measuring rod

Would I be proven to be a Christian…by my love



Susan Bunts

August 26, 2008

No comments:

The Berlin Letters by Katherine Reay – Fascinating, Compelling, Filled with Intrigue

  When I read the description about Katherine Reay’s new book, The Berlin Letters , I wanted to read it.   So glad I had the opportunity.  ...