Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The Road Beyond



I’ve been down this road
So many times before
I ought to know it well

Instead of doubt and despair
My mind should be filled
With excitement and prayerful expectation

The road begins
With a prayer
For God’s soon deliverance

Then the wait begins
Sometimes the delay appears to be a no
For God’s timing is oft much different than my own

He takes me to the brink
Where I feel like I cannot endure
Not even one more day

Then God takes me beyond
To the place where I must choose
To doubt or believe God

In the place of beyond
I wait upon the Lord
With faith look for God’s miraculous deliverance

Oh my soul, take courage
For God will never disappoint
When He takes me down the road and beyond


Susan Bunts Wachtel
August 12, 2009

Susan Blog Sig 2

No comments:

The Berlin Letters by Katherine Reay – Fascinating, Compelling, Filled with Intrigue

  When I read the description about Katherine Reay’s new book, The Berlin Letters , I wanted to read it.   So glad I had the opportunity.  ...