Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Examine Thyself



  • Do I prize doing things for God over spending time in His word and in prayer?
  •  Do I seek what God can give me more than I desire Him? 
  • Do I want God to perform on queue?    
  •  Do I try to steal God’s glory? 
  • Do I prefer the praises of men over the approval of God?
  •  Why is it easier to say wait or no to God than it is to tell people that I have a priority commitment that’s non-negotiable?   
  • Do I keep my heart and mind stayed on Thee Lord?
  •  God, do I hide Your word in my heart so that I might not sin against You? 
  • Is the fruit of my labors putrefied by impure motives?
  •  Is the work of my hands like wood, hay and stubble only to be burned in the fire? 
  • Do I try to do more through self effort and a strong will rather than depending upon the Holy Spirit to strengthen, guide and direct me?
  •  Am I quick to obey the Holy Spirit’s leading?  Even when it doesn’t make sense from a human standpoint?   
  • Do I realize…do I have an inkling how huge and uncontainable God is?  How powerful He is?
  •  Do I have an ear to hear when God is rebuking me and how do I respond? 
  • Do I treat God casually?
  •  Do I come into His presence without given much thought to who He is?
  • Am I mindful that He is the Potter and I am the clay?  
  •  Do I think more highly of myself than I ought to? 
  • Do I realize that I’m never more like Satan then when I exult myself?

No comments:

The Berlin Letters by Katherine Reay – Fascinating, Compelling, Filled with Intrigue

  When I read the description about Katherine Reay’s new book, The Berlin Letters , I wanted to read it.   So glad I had the opportunity.  ...