Friday, March 23, 2012

Five Minute Friday – Loud & Clear


Today at lunchtime, as I walked to my car I was talking with God.  “Lord, I don’t know why You keep me here and what is it that You want me to learn?  But whatever it is I’m begging you to help me learn the lesson so we can move on.  I’m overwhelmed Lord.”

I turned on the radio only to hear my words echoed.  The pastor was teaching through the book of Lamentations.  “You are overwhelmed and crying out to the Lord and asking why.  The truth is you’ve come up against life and life holds trials and tribulations.  Instead of asking why, what you need to do is to praise God in the midst of your trials and tribulations.” 

Wow!  God had my attention.  He wasn’t promising a quick deliverance from uncomfortable circumstances.  But He showing me that I could encourage my heart right where I was at by reminding myself and praising Him for who He is, both in the good times and bad. 

Lamentations 3:22-26
22 Through the Lord’s mercies we are not consumed,
Because His compassions fail not.
23 They are new every morning;
Great is Your faithfulness.
24 “The Lord is my portion,” says my soul,
“Therefore I hope in Him!”

25 The Lord is good to those who wait for Him,
To the soul who seeks Him.
26 It is good that one should hope and wait quietly
For the salvation of the Lord.

God you are indeed the God who hears my prayers, You are the One who never leaves me, nor forsakes me.  Great is Your faithfulness, Your mercies are new every morning and more than sufficient to help me right where I’m at today.  Help me to keep my heart and mind stayed on You.  May Your Holy Spirit bring to my mind truth found in Your word.  Lord help me to trust You even while I’m in the midst of uncomfortable places for You are always near.  Thank You Lord…I love You!  




This post is being linked to 5-Minute Friday courtesy of The Gypsy Mama, where you simply write for 5 minutes without worrying if it's right or not.  Head on over and take the challenge today.



3 comments:

Denise said...

So true Susan; when our hearts and minds are open to receive (even through our trials and when we are suffering!) our actions and outlook begin to change, and we open ourselves up to appreciate and accept every blessing with grace and sincere appreciation.

Have a joyful weekend!
Denise

Unknown said...

I am constantly amazed by the way our Lord answers prayer. Have a blessed weekend.

Gidget said...

Wow - that's the kind of thing that give you chills! Thanks for sharing your "loud and clear" moment! :)

Sandcastle Inn by Irene Hannon – Scenic Beachside Town and Likeable Characters

  Sandcastle Inn is Irene Hannon’s tenth novel in the Hope Harbor series .   It was lovely to return to this beautiful, scenic, and welcom...