Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Of the World

On Saturday I stopped by the library to drop off a movie and was chatting with the librarian. Someone else was returning a movie that they like and highly recommended it.  The librarian asked if I wanted to check it out.  I brought it home and my husband and I watched it on Saturday night.  

Vain
Empty 
Devoid of lasting or eternal value

Godless
Sin exalted 
Self-worship

No awareness of God 
Except to use His name in vain

To quote our friend Harry, there's ninety minutes of my life I'll never get back again.  



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm finding I have to be very careful as to what I open myself up to.

God's blessings,
Lon

Farmgirl Cyn said...

I know what you mean....I check a couple of sites for reviews before I will typically see a movie...unless it has come highly recommended by someone I trust. So much garbage out there, it is hard to find a true gem among it. There are certain movies my flesh would love to see...Bridges of Madison County being one. I would love to see the costuming and sets in that movie...however the romantic in me would find itself rooting for the sin...not worth it for me. I don't want to have to poke my minds eye out!

Wanda said...

Wow, safe to say it's not one you would recommend to others.

Sandcastle Inn by Irene Hannon – Scenic Beachside Town and Likeable Characters

  Sandcastle Inn is Irene Hannon’s tenth novel in the Hope Harbor series .   It was lovely to return to this beautiful, scenic, and welcom...