Saturday, August 17, 2013

Five Minute Friday - Still Small Voice

 

I cry out to the Lord for help

For the courage to carry on

To not give up

Depend upon the Holy Spirit within me

 

Filter all that I do and say

Through the grid of God’s

          Grace

                   Mercy

                             Truth

                                      Love

 

When I feel I can’t go on

Or take another step

Strengthen me

Give me courage

 

When I don’t know what to say

Help me to remember

It’s okay to say nothing

Ask my Heavenly Father for wisdom

 

Let my words reflect the Lord

May the words I speak into broken lives bring

Life

          Healing

                   Grace

                             Hope

                                      Truth

 

 

Light the path before me

Guide each step

Incline my ear so that I may hear

And listen closely to Your still small voice

 

 

Susan Wachtel

August 17, 2013

 

It’s another Saturday morn and I wanted to participate in Lisa-Jo Baker’s Five Minute Friday writing challenge.  Head over to her website “Lisa Jo Baker Tales from a Gypsy Mama”.  Be sure to read some of the entries from other writers.  I can promise you that you will be blessed.

 

 

 

1 comment:

Denise said...

Wonderfully written.

The Berlin Letters by Katherine Reay – Fascinating, Compelling, Filled with Intrigue

  When I read the description about Katherine Reay’s new book, The Berlin Letters , I wanted to read it.   So glad I had the opportunity.  ...