He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. - Colossians 1:15-16

Monday, May 12, 2014

Distortion - Fast-paced Intrigue & Suspense




It was my pleasure to read Terri Blackstock’s newest novel Distortion, the second book in the Moonlights Series.  I love to read mysteries and in the past I’ve read a number of Terri’s books and now I remember why I liked her writing so much. 

Distortion is a fast-paced murder mystery.  From the very beginning of the novel, I was drawn into the storyline and characters.  This is the second novel in the series, but the reader is not at a disadvantage if you haven’t read the first book Truth Stained Lies.  There is enough information peppered throughout the book that helps the reader know about the background of the characters.  I do wish I had read the first book, but Distortion a good standalone book too.

Terri does a great job in developing the characters as the storyline unfolds.  I find her characters very likable and appealing.  Unlike other writers, Terri doesn’t have her characters making stupid blunders just to put them in jeopardy. 

As a Christian, I’m very appreciative of having Christian characters that wrestle with their faith in the middle of a crisis and see how they interact with family and friends, believers and unbelievers.  I also appreciate a writer who doesn’t offend my moral standards by throwing in sin and immorality just to titillate the reader. 

If you like mystery and suspense, I recommend that you give Terri Blackstock’s newest book Distortion a read.  I do forewarn you that you may be staying up late a few nights because you won’t to put the book down.

I would like to thank people at BookLook for providing me with a free copy of Distortion to read in exchange for an honest review.  I was under no obligation to provide a favorable review. 

1 comment:

Denise said...

Awesome review.