Friday, December 05, 2014

My Prayer



Lord, I confess I don’t feel the same drive and passion I once did.  But Lord I want that back.  Father, I want to love You and listen to Your word – like I can’t get enough of it.  I want to be captivated by You and Your incomprehensible love.  May my eyes be fixed on You.  Daily and forever may I be grateful for Your Son’s sacrifice for my sins and not forget how lost I was before Christ and remember my utter inability to save myself.  May I be cognizant of my absolute security in Christ.  I want to be aware of the Holy Spirit within me and His power and the transforming work He is doing in me.  I want to have a heart of gratitude and wonder when I think upon You.  I want to know the unchanging truth from the Word of God.  I want to be in awe of grace perfectly balanced with truth, holiness and righteousness.  Through Your Holy Spirit I want to love those with whom love doesn’t come naturally.  I want to be patient, faith-filled and prayerful with those whom I love.  I want my prayers to be seasoned with thanksgiving.  I want to be a faithful friend.  I want to hunger and thirst for truth and righteousness found only in You and Your word.  I want to daily be transformed by the washing of the water of Your word.  I want to make much of You, more of others and less of me.  I want to begin each day in Your word, not racing through it because of pressures and demands.  I want to be slow to anger and slow to speak, but quick to come to Your throne of grace in prayer.  I want abide in the Vine and bear much fruit – love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness and self-control.  I want to be wise and prudent and daily put on the full armor of God – belt of truth, breastplate of righteousness, feet shod with the Gospel of peace, helmet of salvation, take up the shield of faith, skillfully wield the Sword of the Spirit and be praying always.  Make me and mold me through the Holy Spirit who dwells within me and wash me with Your word.  Thank You Father for giving me a heart of flesh and that I am a new creation in Christ.  It’s in His precious and mighty name I pray.  Amen!

No comments:

Sandcastle Inn by Irene Hannon – Scenic Beachside Town and Likeable Characters

  Sandcastle Inn is Irene Hannon’s tenth novel in the Hope Harbor series .   It was lovely to return to this beautiful, scenic, and welcom...