Thursday, November 15, 2007

At the End of the Day...Weary!


When finishing a letter or email…are ever you tempted to close it with something other than the typical phases? After all “sincerely yours” is so common place and most certainly overused. If someone signs their letter “sincerely”…are they genuinely sincere?

Following a spiritual high…for days I wanted to sign my correspondence “floating on air”…and indeed that was an apt description of my state of mind and spirit.

Tonight…I would sign off as “weary and puzzled”.

Weary of trying to understand…and weary of trying to “read between the lines” and weary of waiting. Puzzled at tying to make sense of that which I don’t understand or that which is not clear.

Yep…that’s the appropriate sign-off tonight. Susan…the weary and puzzled one.

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. – Matthew 11:28

I need to go to the Lord tonight…and receive His rest. This is going to have to be a God thing…and not a work of my own efforts. When it’s His work…He takes on the responsibility for the entire thing. Am I weary enough to hand over the reins of control to Him?

No comments:

The Berlin Letters by Katherine Reay – Fascinating, Compelling, Filled with Intrigue

  When I read the description about Katherine Reay’s new book, The Berlin Letters , I wanted to read it.   So glad I had the opportunity.  ...