Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thanksgiving Reflections

Thank You to God…who double blessed me. I am chosen, predestined by Him for salvation through Jesus Christ my Lord…and He placed me in the greatest nation on earth today. Thank You Lord!

Thank you to the men and women of our military…who fight for this nation. Preserve, protect and defend the freedoms which our founding fathers guaranteed in the Constitution. A guarantee doesn’t count for much…unless it’s honored. Thank you for your sacrifices.


Below are just a few things for which I am most grateful this day:

A = Amazing Grace…Grace that saved me from my sin, grace that sustains and strengthens me.

B = Bible…where I can learn about and know my God and His will for me, my life and our nation.

C = Chuck Obremski my beloved former Pastor…and his faithfulness to preach God’s word and provide an example on how to “Finish Strong”.

D = Day…God only has me go through one day a time…so even when my circumstances seem overwhelming and threatened to overtake me…I just have to deal with it for that one day. His mercies are new every morning.

E = Eternity…even though I may have problems here…they are for but a season. I will spend eternity in heaven…where there will be no more tears or sorrow.

F = Faith…the avenue by which God saved me.

G = God the Father…who from before the foundations of the world had each day planned.

H = Holy Spirit…who dwells within me. He intercedes on my behalf when my words fail me.

I = Immutable…my God is unchanging. He does not change His mind…He will not be moved.

J = Jesus Christ…my Lord and Savior…who took my sin upon Himself…redeemed me, paid the ransom, bought me back, gave me eternal life…and assurance that I will be with Him in heaven.

K = King of kings and Lord of Lords...Jesus Christ…He who is preeminent over all things…all power and authority have been given to Him.

L = Love…the depths of which…we will never know the end of. Love that which motivated God to save us from our sins by providing His Son…whom He loved and is well pleased…as a sacrifice for my sins.

M = Military…the men and women of this nation who serve, protect and defend us. Those who preserve our freedom as a nation.

N = No…God’s “no” is just as important as His “yes”. It sets boundaries in which I need to operate. I especially like…“No Satan…you can not do as you wish with my child.”

O = Omniscience…God knows all, sees all and has power over all things. There is nothing that escapes His attention or knowledge. There is nothing too hard for my God. That means my life, my problems, my cares and concern are safely in His hands.

P = Philip De Courcy…my beloved Pastor…who faithful preaches God’s word…which convicts, guides, corrects and encourages me in my faith walk

Q = Quiet…a place of quite and solitude…time to get away…focus on God…and His word and will for my life.

R = Rock…He is the Rock of my salvation. He will not be moved.

S = Savior…He redeemed me from my sins…pulled me out of the miry pit…and set my feet on firm ground.

T = Thanksgiving…what a wonderful thing. To set aside a day to remember and thank God for His presence in my life…and the many blessing He has given.

U = United States of America… from it’s inception…guaranteed in the Constitution the freedom of religion so that I may worship the God of the Bible, proclaim the Gospel message to those who are perishing in their sins.

V = Victory…over sin and death…victory that is found in Jesus Christ alone. He who crushed Satan’s head…now sits at the right hand of the Father.

W = Worship…as I focus on God and who He is…everything else pales in comparison. A chance to dwell on Him who is prefect, holy, righteous and good.

X = X…God crossed out my sins…put an “X” through them…marked my sin debt as paid in full…because my sins have been covered by the blood of the Lamb.

Y = Y’shua…Messiah…Savior...Son…God…Man…Holy…Righteous... Perfect…Without Sin…Beloved…The Christ…Redeemer…Lamb of God…Friend…Ruler

Z = ZionIsrael…whose existence gives evidence that the God of the Bible is faithful to keep His promises.

No comments:

The Berlin Letters by Katherine Reay – Fascinating, Compelling, Filled with Intrigue

  When I read the description about Katherine Reay’s new book, The Berlin Letters , I wanted to read it.   So glad I had the opportunity.  ...