Thursday, December 25, 2008

Last Christmas


If I would have known last Christmas was to be your last

What would I have done different



Would I have spent the whole day by your side

Would I have hugged you a little tighter



Would I have held your hands

As we watched the movies of old



Truly believed in my heart

That it is a wonderful life…in spite of all the messes



Would I have gone to the ends of the earth

Found just the right present to bring you a smile



Would I have shared the good news of Christmas

Ensured that you received God’s gift of the Savior



Susan Bunts Wachtel

December 17, 2008



Dedicated to Gayle Merriam Johnson Bunts Lorenat…my mother who died on April 29, 2008.

No comments:

The Berlin Letters by Katherine Reay – Fascinating, Compelling, Filled with Intrigue

  When I read the description about Katherine Reay’s new book, The Berlin Letters , I wanted to read it.   So glad I had the opportunity.  ...