Friday, March 26, 2010

In Light of the Cross - Submission to God’s Authority


As a Christian, is there any area in my life that should not be brought in to submission under the authority of Jesus Christ?  Is there any area that I can hold back?

Does liberty and freedom mean license to sin or is the power to live in obedience to Christ?

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! – 1 Corinthians 5:17

You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness. – Ephesians 4:22-24
 
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. – Galatians 2:20

Does submitting to Christ’s authority influence the choices I make each day?   Does it touch the root level and impact what I choose to think about?

We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.  I am to take every thought captive to the obedience of Christ. – II Corinthians 10:5

For who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct him?"  But we have the mind of Christ. – I Corinthians 2:16

Does Christ’s authority impact my words and what I say?  Does it impact how I treat my husband?
 
The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For out of the overflow of his heart his mouth speaks. – Luke 6:45

Does it influence what I read, what I listen to, and what I watch on TV or in movies?  Does it impact what I choose to wear or how I spend money?
 
Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. – Romans 12:2

Then He said to them all: "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. – Luke 9:23


For it is written: "Be holy, because I am holy." – 1 Peter 1:16

Is there any area in my life, anything at all, that should not be brought under the authority and submission of Jesus Christ?

What did Jesus Christ withhold on the cross? 

If Jesus Christ, Who is God the Son, equal with God the Father, chose obedience how much more so should I? 

No comments:

The Berlin Letters by Katherine Reay – Fascinating, Compelling, Filled with Intrigue

  When I read the description about Katherine Reay’s new book, The Berlin Letters , I wanted to read it.   So glad I had the opportunity.  ...