Thursday, October 14, 2010

Thinking Prayerfully

The other day after hearing about a prayer request, I started thinking about what a privilege it is to be able to pray for people.  To be able to bring them before the throne of grace and see God and His faithfulness do much more than we can ask or imagine.

Then I started thinking about my Dad who died 41 years ago when I was 10 years old.  Unless he accepted Christ in the hospital on his deathbed, my Dad never knew Christ and is spending eternity in hell.  We weren’t plugged into a local church and weren’t surrounded by Christian family and friends.  We weren’t believers.

Was there anybody there at the hospital that prayed for my Dad?  Was there any body that shared the truth of the Gospel message with this dying man?  Will I see him in heaven?

I consider it a privilege to be in prayer for people…family, friends, neighbors, co-workers, government officials and even fellow drivers on the road.  I don’t know who is in their life and praying for them…but where our paths intersect…may the Lord enable me to be faithful in prayer.

No comments:

The Berlin Letters by Katherine Reay – Fascinating, Compelling, Filled with Intrigue

  When I read the description about Katherine Reay’s new book, The Berlin Letters , I wanted to read it.   So glad I had the opportunity.  ...