Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Giving Thanks…Salvation

With Thanksgiving fast approaching, I thought it would be appropriate to take some time each day and give thanks to God for the many blessings that He has lavished on me. 

First and foremost I am thankful to God for my salvation that He freely gave me through Jesus Christ’s sacrifice on the cross.  Jesus paid the penalty for my sin.  He bought me off slave market of sin…He ransomed me paying the bill in full with His own blood.

It’s amazing to contemplate that before the foundations of the world were laid that God the Father chose me…the wretched, sinful, unworthy person that I am.  He set me free.  Free from the penalty of sin, free from the power of sin and one day I will be freed from the presence of sin.   Hallelujah…what a Savior!

How about you…what are you most thankful for?

1 comment:

Joshua said...

Amen Susan! That is what I am most thankful for as well. Without Him, life is vanity.

In Christ,
Joshua :)

The Berlin Letters by Katherine Reay – Fascinating, Compelling, Filled with Intrigue

  When I read the description about Katherine Reay’s new book, The Berlin Letters , I wanted to read it.   So glad I had the opportunity.  ...