Saturday, June 11, 2011

Just Thinking...Trials & Tribulations

It’s easy to love the Lord when things are going good in our lives.  But I find out if I really love the Him during difficult times and trials and tribulations. 

Fear is unbelief in action.  It reveals who my focus is on, is it on the Lord or is it on me?  Do I depend upon the Lord or rely on my strength? 

Trials and tribulations are instruments God uses for good in our lives.  If I trust God during hard times my faith is strengthened.  My love for Christ Jesus grows.

Do I really believe, do my thoughts and actions reflect the truth of Scripture that He is the Potter and I am the clay?  Clay being molded doesn’t get off the Potter’s wheel and protest, whine and complain.  Instead the clay submits to the skillful hands of the Potter.


But now, O LORD,
You are our Father;
We are the clay, and You our potter;
And all we are the work of Your hand.
Isaiah 64:8

No comments:

The Berlin Letters by Katherine Reay – Fascinating, Compelling, Filled with Intrigue

  When I read the description about Katherine Reay’s new book, The Berlin Letters , I wanted to read it.   So glad I had the opportunity.  ...