Thursday, June 09, 2011

Selfish & Fickle

Recently when struggling with God about something that I didn’t think was fair, I felt as if the Holy Spirit rebuked me.  He challenged my thinking which was focused on me, how I felt and what I wanted. 

It’s hard, if not impossible, to love someone else when I put myself first.  When I make my feelings the measuring rod by which I determine if someone is right or wrong or good or bad, they will always fall short in my estimation. 

That doesn’t even take into account the fickleness of my feelings.  I need to remember God’s counsel that the heart is deceitfully wicked above all things. 


1 comment:

Ken said...

So true, the heart is deceitful and wicked. I think we bring many problems on ourselves when we put ourselves first. But we continue doing it anyway.

Blessings,
Ken

Sandcastle Inn by Irene Hannon – Scenic Beachside Town and Likeable Characters

  Sandcastle Inn is Irene Hannon’s tenth novel in the Hope Harbor series .   It was lovely to return to this beautiful, scenic, and welcom...