Sunday, July 17, 2011

Changing My Thinking

And it shall come to pass afterward
That I will pour out My Spirit on all flesh;
Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
Your old men shall dream dreams,
Your young men shall see visions.
Joel 2:28

Recently the Lord has been doing business with me, challenging me concerning my way of thinking about Muslims. 

It seems like when God is working on me, He will bring that same message from several different fronts.  One was the Joel Rosenberg’s 2011 Epicenter Conference and the other was a book, “Which None Can Shut”, by author Reema Goode.

My earliest memories of Muslims and Islam go back to 1972, when Palestinian terrorists kidnapped and murdered Israeli athletes at the Olympic Games in Munich Germany.  Over the years, there have literally been hundreds of terrorist attacks carried out by radical Muslims resulting in the torture and/or murder of thousands of people.  Most prominent are the attacks on September 11, 2011. 

Even now, looking back at lists of terrorist acts over the last 40 years, I feel a righteous anger that rises up and cries out for justice.  And yet, when I see what God is doing in the Muslim people, I stand amazed. 

I was excited to listen to the messages from Joel Rosenberg’s 2011 Epicenter Conference to hear messages on biblical prophecy and where we are at on the prophetic calendar.  What I didn’t expect was to hear how God had worked in the lives of two men who were once radical Muslims but are now followers of Jesus Christ.  These men who once hated the Jews and Christians and wanted them dead are now my brothers in Christ.  Those who were filled with hate now love and embrace those who were once their enemies.  I was stunned to hear their stories. 

Shortly after listening to the 2011 Epicenter Conference messages, a friend lent us the book “Which None Can Shut”, by Reema Goode.  My husband read the book first.  While he was reading it, he kept commenting how good the book was and shared some of the stories that he had just read.  I could hardly wait to pick up the book and read it for myself.

What an amazing work God is doing among the Muslim people; it is simply stunning!  There is a great harvest taking place and God is preparing the hearts and minds of so many people, who have been held in bondage and darkness, to hear and believe the Gospel message that salvation is found in Jesus Christ alone. 

“Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.”  Acts 4:12

Please click on the link for the 2011 Epicenter Conference.  At that site, you can watch all of the messages and discussion panels and hear for yourself the powerful work God is doing.  But don’t stop there.  Pick up the book “Which None Can Shut” and read about Muslim people coming to faith in Christ.

I came away from the Epicenter Conference and book “Which None Can Shut” with a desire to be in prayer for the salvation of these people, whom God loves so dearly that He gave His only begotten Son Jesus Christ. 

Praying Through the Arabian Peninsula



No comments:

The Berlin Letters by Katherine Reay – Fascinating, Compelling, Filled with Intrigue

  When I read the description about Katherine Reay’s new book, The Berlin Letters , I wanted to read it.   So glad I had the opportunity.  ...