Thursday, January 10, 2013

One Word for 2013: Worship

Worship

I'm not one who likes to make New Year's Resolutions.  But my ears perked up when I read and heard people talking about focusing on word for the year.  I read about it on some one's blog and then at Bible study our teacher read a devotional from someone who did the same thing.  

Our Bible study teacher, Patty Bivens said that for years she has asked the Lord what He would have her to focus on for the new year.  

When I first heard it, I thought perhaps "Grace" or "Blessing" would be what the Lord would have me to focus on. 

But on Tuesday night, it was if God shouted it to me, I need to focus on "Worship".  

Oh come, let us worship and bow down;
Let us kneel before the Lord our Maker.

For He is our God,
And we are the people of His pasture,
And the sheep of His hand.

Psalm 95:6-7


1 comment:

Wanda said...

How awesome is it that we have a God who not only listens but answers our requests. When focus on what He has called to be the main thing in our lives we can not go wrong. Hope you enjoy a wonderful weekend Susan.

The Berlin Letters by Katherine Reay – Fascinating, Compelling, Filled with Intrigue

  When I read the description about Katherine Reay’s new book, The Berlin Letters , I wanted to read it.   So glad I had the opportunity.  ...