Saturday, October 07, 2023

Into the Fire by Irene Hannon – An Interesting and Satisfying Read


Irene Hannon has become one of my favorite writers.  I enjoy her romance stories and suspense novels.  That is why I was excited to read her newest book Into the Fire, the first book in the Undaunted Courage series.

 

Bri Tucker was scheduled to meet with retired arson investigator, Les Kavanaugh, to review several cases he thought merited further investigation.  Instead, she finds herself at Les’ home investigating a fire that has taken his life.  The next day Bri reluctantly accepts help from ATF Agent Marc Davis.  After Bri and Marc examined the scene, both agree that there wasn’t much of anything to suggest arson.  Just that nagging feeling that something is not right.  Though Bri and Marc find each other attractive, each has their own emotional baggage that may make developing a personal relationship difficult. 

 

I really liked this book.  I found the investigation of a fire very interesting.  What makes a fire suspicious vs accidental, and what information is relevant in an arson case.  I liked the characters.  At first, I wasn’t too keen on Bri.  But as her background was unveiled, I grew to appreciate her.  Marc was a wonderful character, kind, caring, wise, and protective.  Also enjoyed the Bri’s sister and brother and their close, and supportive relationships.  Loved Marc’s grandmother, such a sweet, wise, and caring woman. 

 

I did not suspect who the bad guy was.  Interesting that the story begins with the perspective of the arsonist.  About two thirds of the way through the story the bad guy is revealed, which causes the reader to look forward to seeing how the characters will solve the case.

 

Faith was part of the story, especially with Marc’s character.  I would like to have seen it even more with other characters. 

 

With the mix of an interesting plot, likeable characters, mystery, suspense, and romance, Into the Fire by Irene Hanson was an interesting and satisfying read.  I recommend it.  The book will be released on October 17, 2023.  

 

I would like to thank Revell Publishers and NetGalley for the opportunity to read a complimentary copy of Into the Fire by Irene Hannon.  I was under no obligation to give a favorable review. 

 


No comments:

Mary’s Calico Hope by Anne Blackburne – Likeable Characters, Faith, Friendship and Hope

I was excited to read  Anne Blackburne’s   newest book   Mary’s Calico Hope , the fifth book in   The Heart of the Amish   series.   Mary Yo...