Monday, June 01, 2009

Far Away


How is it
I feel far away
From the One who will never leave me?

How is it
I feel deserted
By the Him who will never forsake me?

How is it
I feel separated
From God who indwells me with His Holy Spirit?

How can I
Trust my feelings
Which contradict the Word of God?

How can I
Believe the enemy’s lies
Rather than remember God’s faithfulness?

Susan Bunts Wachtel
May 15, 2009


This poem was written on a low day, in which the enemy’s attacks were many. Finally relief came in answer to prayer. I found hope and peace when I encouraged myself with reminders of God’s faithfulness and through the truth found in His word.


Susan Blog Sig 2

No comments:

The Berlin Letters by Katherine Reay – Fascinating, Compelling, Filled with Intrigue

  When I read the description about Katherine Reay’s new book, The Berlin Letters , I wanted to read it.   So glad I had the opportunity.  ...