Friday, June 05, 2009

The Ring


I stepped into the ring today
Before I knew it the bell had rung
The fight was on

The first punch was doubt
Followed by a blow of discouragement
Well aimed at my heart

I didn’t have my gear on
Soon I was blocked on all sides
Couldn’t even lift my head

I cried out
Sought deliverance from my Lord
Silence ensued as I waited

In the heavenlies
A battle raged
Between unseen forces of good and evil

Suddenly…there was a break
I was freed
Saved from a powerful foe

I emerged weary, worn and tired
While no human eye could see it
A battle was waged in the heavenlies

May I cling to my risen Savior
Daily equip myself with the armor God has provided
Remember the battle belongs to the Lord…Jehovah-Nissi

Praise God the enemy is a vanquished foe
The crushing blow was wielded at the cross
His victory certified when Christ arose from the grave


Susan Bunts Wachtel
May 27, 2009




Susan Blog Sig 2

No comments:

The Berlin Letters by Katherine Reay – Fascinating, Compelling, Filled with Intrigue

  When I read the description about Katherine Reay’s new book, The Berlin Letters , I wanted to read it.   So glad I had the opportunity.  ...