Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Broken and Contrite Heart



Oh God
May I come to You
Not with a prideful, haughty spirit
But a broken and contrite heart

Humbled
Knowing that Jesus’ blood was shed
Not only for my sin
But all who will receive Him

When I see those engaged in sin
May I not condemn them
But be broken over that which breaks Your heart
May I be moved to pray fervently and unceasingly

For the unbeliever
Who has no knowledge of God
May I be ready to share
Salvation is found in no other name than Christ Jesus

For those who say they believe
But their lives are no different from unbelievers
May I point them back to Your word
You alone are able to judge their thoughts and intentions

When I see Christ followers, following at a distance
May I encourage them to partake in the joy and peace
That comes from abiding and remaining in Christ
To receive His strength and not be conformed to this world

May I be mindful it is by grace alone, through faith alone,
I stand forgiven at the cross
It is through the ongoing work of the Holy Spirit within me
That I can abide, remain and am sanctified daily

Susan Bunts Wachtel
December 23, 2009


No comments:

The Berlin Letters by Katherine Reay – Fascinating, Compelling, Filled with Intrigue

  When I read the description about Katherine Reay’s new book, The Berlin Letters , I wanted to read it.   So glad I had the opportunity.  ...