Last week, after spending the afternoon in a spiritual battle, I was weary. During the drive home the Holy Spirit challenged me about what I really believe.
If there was a person in my life whom had a history and pattern of lies and deceit, of continually doing harm to me or friends and family, would I believe him when he came to me with a laundry list of lies? Would I give him the time of day? Or would I tell him, in no uncertain terms, to leave?
Knowing me...I would be swift, firm, loud and direct, “Get Out…and don’t come back!”
Yet when approached by the enemy I actually give him an ear. I listen and give credence to the one who is a lair and murdered from the beginning. I believe what the hater my soul has to say...as if he would ever utter anything beneficial to me.
Why? Why in the world would I do that?
I must confess its part laziness and part sin-nature.
Laziness…because for me to not listen to the lies of the enemy means I must take every thought captive. I must actively, purposely redirect my thoughts…and think on that which is good, lovely, pure and true by meditating on scripture. I need to praise God and believe that He is able to accomplish much more than I can ask or imagine. I must have an active faith and believe that God is able to bring about that which has not yet been made manifest. I must believe God is good…even when His answer is no, or wait, or when He gives me something much different than what I hoped and prayed for.
Sin nature…because when I have been wronged or sinned against it’s not in my nature to be quick to forgive. Instead I would rather justify why it’s okay to have hard feelings against a person who did me wrong. I’d rather run to God with a long list of what’s wrong with this person or that one. Instead…God calls me, as a Christian, to live supernaturally, to live by the power of the Holy Spirit within me.
I am a new creation in Christ. Daily I am to take off the old man and put on the new.
Lord…next time the enemy comes knocking…may I remember that he is a lair and that he comes to steal, kill and destroy. May I resist him and watch him flee. May I stand firm and see the deliverance of the Lord. May I believe You God…and instead ask, “What does my Father have to say about this?”
A place for Susan's musing, fussing, praise and thanksgiving...on life, religion and politics.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
High Exposure by Kelly Borjas –Interesting Storyline, Likeable Character, Beautiful Setting
High Exposure is author Kelly Borjas first novel. It’s also the first book in the Jagged Edges series . Not sure if it was the beautif...
-
What do a couple of raggedy old oven mitts, stray pieces of silverware and an old pink mixing bowl have in common? Any one of these woul...
-
Today the Lord strengthened and encouraged me through His word, in His perfect timing. 16 As for me, I call to God, and the LORD ...

No comments:
Post a Comment