Saturday, November 23, 2013

Five Minute Friday – Fly Out the Window



In the middle of a busy and somewhat chaotic week, the Lord was there to meet me and had some lessons for me.

I was feeling quite overwhelmed by the amount of things I had to accomplish, requests coming in right and left and I was seeing the stress on others too.  I was overwhelmed and felt unable to do what I needed to or be of help to anyone.   

When I stepped away for while I felt like the Holy Spirit was nudging me and asking me, “Susan, where’s your focus?  It’s not on God, but it’s on your circumstances and people.  You need to get your focus back on Me.” 

In my own strength and power I would be unable to accomplish what I needed to.  My peace would fly out the window.  I wouldn’t be living in a manner that glorifies God.  I would be of no help to others or be able to encourage and strengthen others. 

Instead I need to see my circumstance through my God who is able to do exceedingly, abundantly, more than I can ask or imagine.  I need to be going to my Heavenly Father in prayer, with thanksgiving and present my requests to Him. 

I need to be prayed up and taking my every thought captive to the obedience of Christ.  Let God overwhelm my impossible circumstances with His overcoming power.

Then Asa called to the Lord his God and said, “Lord, there is no one besides You to help in the battle between the powerful and those who have no strength; so help us, O Lord our God, for we trust in You, and in Your name have come against this multitude. O Lord, You are our God; let not man prevail against You.” 2 Chronicles 14:11


It’s another Saturday morn and I wanted to participate in Lisa-Jo Baker’s FiveMinute Friday writing challenge.  Head over to her website “Lisa Jo Baker Tales from a Gypsy Mama”.  Be sure to read some of the entries from other writers.  I can promise you that you will be blessed.

No comments:

The Berlin Letters by Katherine Reay – Fascinating, Compelling, Filled with Intrigue

  When I read the description about Katherine Reay’s new book, The Berlin Letters , I wanted to read it.   So glad I had the opportunity.  ...