Saturday, November 30, 2013

Hide & Seek



There are days when the Lord seems
        Distant and far away
                        Silent
                                His presence veiled

When I recognize that feeling, it causes me to
        Examine myself
                See if there is unconfessed sin
                        Hindering, impacting my relationship

Have I let the noise of this present world
        Drown out God’s still small voice

Am I distracted by
        What I can see and hear
                Ignoring that which is apprehended by faith

Have I put other things
        Ahead of God and His Word
                Set aside the eternal
                        For that which is passing away

Lord, Your Word assures me
        You will never leave nor forsake me
                Never abandon me
                        You are ever present

When I feel You are not near
        May I pursue You diligently
                Seek You while You may be found

By Susan Wachtel
November 30, 2013

1 comment:

Wanda said...

Yes may we be ever pressing in closer to Him Susan. Many blessing. Wishing you a peaceful and productive week ahead.

Sandcastle Inn by Irene Hannon – Scenic Beachside Town and Likeable Characters

  Sandcastle Inn is Irene Hannon’s tenth novel in the Hope Harbor series .   It was lovely to return to this beautiful, scenic, and welcom...