Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Let Them Eat Angel's Dust!


"Let them eat Angel's dust!"


Now we all have been around some of those obnoxious sports fans! Those times where you want to take the guy aside and say, "Hey buckaroo...there is more to life than your sports team."

Not too many people would accuse me of being an obnoxious sports fan. Obnoxious yes...sports fan...probably not top of the list.

With that being said I'm asking for a pass on this misapplication of scripture and Bible Study.

I'm back in Bible Study Fellowship...and this year we are studying Genesis. This last week we studied about the fall of Adam and Eve...and the curses that were pronounced as a result of their sin.

One of the curses was given to the serpent...because he tempted Adam and Eve to eat of the forbidden fruit from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil. God cursed the serpent saying that he would crawl on his belly and eat dust all the days of his life.

And then we learned about what dust symbolizes in scripture. Dust is symbolic of "little worth", "death" and "frustration".

So taking on the new role of the "obnoxious sports fan"...I think it only appropriate that I utter a loud cheer for my Angel's. "White Sox...may you eat Angel's dust!"

White Sox...may your dreams of victory be of little worth, filled with frustration and die in the face of the Angel's victory.

I'll take four games straight please! Go Angel's, go Angel's, go Angel's!

Dan Q...Jeff...this post is for you!

(Photo by AP Photographer Jeff Roberson)

No comments:

The Berlin Letters by Katherine Reay – Fascinating, Compelling, Filled with Intrigue

  When I read the description about Katherine Reay’s new book, The Berlin Letters , I wanted to read it.   So glad I had the opportunity.  ...