Thursday, December 15, 2005

Get Out of the Way

It was rather informative and entertaining to see the various comments that came in regarding my earlier post "Justice Served by Tookie Williams Execution".

I knew passions were running high on both sides...but quite honestly...some of the uglier comments by some very troubled individuals made me pause. I was not surprised...since I'm a former lefty...and have seen the tactics of some the more virulent persons on the left over the years.

I was torn...should I let the really ugly comments stand and speak for themselves...or just delete them?

I wavered back and forth. One adage I find holds true...is that when someone wants to make a fool of themselves...get out of the way...and let them do it.

However...I have zero respect for people...both right and left that invoke vulgarity and hateful language in their lame attempts to bully, intimidate and shout down people with whom they disagree.

I have no problem...with people raising an argument contrary to what I believe...as long as it's done in a respectful and civil tone. But people who fall into vulgar name calling...should not be tolerated. So...I deleted the really ugly comments. I don't care to have any people who happen upon this blog to be offended by obscene language.

That kind of language and name calling is something that should have been left on the playground by immature people who either don't have the ability to make a reasonable argument presenting their point of view...or are too lazy to do so.

Some of the same people who made these wretched comments...are the same ones that maintain that Tookie Williams influenced others for good. That contribution surely wasn't apparent in your comments. I think Tookie deserves a refund if you are his representatives.


To those who made civil and respectful comments...even those that expressed a different point of view than what I shared about the William's execution...I thank you for taking the time to voice your opinion.

We may agree or disagree...but I appreciate your consideration.


No comments:

Sandcastle Inn by Irene Hannon – Scenic Beachside Town and Likeable Characters

  Sandcastle Inn is Irene Hannon’s tenth novel in the Hope Harbor series .   It was lovely to return to this beautiful, scenic, and welcom...