Thursday, December 22, 2005

Tattered Christmas Treasures



One of my favorite things about Christmas is decorating my home. Each year...I love putting up ornaments on the tree. I'm able to look back at ornaments I've collected over the years...and see some dating back more than 40 years.

Two of my favorites...may not look so hot upon closer examination. But by golly...they mean so much to me. Both ornaments were ones from my childhood. If memory serves me right...they originally came the Alamosa National Bank in Alamosa Colorado...from when my dad was employed as President of the bank.

The bank was always decorated beautifully...and these two ornaments are tattered treasures...but are a tangible part of my memory from those days. Memories from a sweet and tender time.

1 comment:

Debra said...

Hi Susan... Just wanted to wish you a very blessed and merry Christmas! Thanks so much for your encouraging comments at my blog--it's been a blessing hearing from you these past few months. I'm glad you liked the Betsy McCall paper dolls--I used to love them, too! (Just scrolled down and read your comment tonight...) Oh and here's a bit of trivia--I was born in Anaheim...just thought I'd pass that bit of history along to you. :) Again, merry Christmas and thanks so much! God bless... Debra

Sandcastle Inn by Irene Hannon – Scenic Beachside Town and Likeable Characters

  Sandcastle Inn is Irene Hannon’s tenth novel in the Hope Harbor series .   It was lovely to return to this beautiful, scenic, and welcom...