Thursday, December 01, 2005

Christmas Past


Christmas...1959

This is one of my favorite family photos...from what seems like a life time ago. In many respects it was.

This photo was taken back in 1959...in Fort Collins, Colorado...the year I was born. This was my family's house that was being moved to a new property in the country. Long before digital cameras...this photo was the handiwork of combining two different photos.

Our house was being moved...on this very large truck. A picture of our family sitting on a fence was superimposed on the picture of the house.

I'm the baby in my father, Frank's arms. My mother Gayle is to the left...and my brother's Patrick and Michael are sitting next to my dad. Everyone seems to be having a jolly time. A time of happiness and innocence. I feel rather
bittersweet when I see this picture.

As the picture says...I wish you a Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this! Beautiful, do you mind if I show it on my blog with a link to you?

The Berlin Letters by Katherine Reay – Fascinating, Compelling, Filled with Intrigue

  When I read the description about Katherine Reay’s new book, The Berlin Letters , I wanted to read it.   So glad I had the opportunity.  ...